Thursday, June 26, 2008

written on the body

She wants us to heal
but to do so is to fundamentally shift to a sacred pace that sustains
I see my own patterns as the patch dynamics of a healthy ecosystem
learning how to let go and bring in the new
how to nurture, when to burn and clear out

cycles of generosity and abundance
in tandem with the moon’s dark liquid hibernation

molecules of memory,
ancestral, umbilical, sewn through daily ritual
are embedded in the physical structure of my body

wide sky kitchens and hearths of hosting
offer refuge and sustenance,
creativity and care
fear and imprisonment

“how can I teach you, you who know so little beyond the self?”
veil after veil is lifted, but I cannot see
for all my looking outward

I step through the threshold
I’ve bitten the apple, skin to flesh, to seed
I offer and offer
but to receive to perceive to accept
is to till the soil of change

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home