Friday, June 22, 2007

vision quest

so i am going on a vision quest tomorrow, a ritual of going into nature, fasting and being held in one's quest and intention by healers, ancestors, friends, family, the natural world.

tonight i will sleep in my comfy bed and the next 2 nights i will be sleeping in the wilds surrounded and protected by nature as i quest. i have claire's tent and my journal, a bathing suit and granpy's book, hymn to isis, lots of water ... and a very full heart. i am feeling very grateful.

i realize so much love has come into my life this year, even as it has been a year of change and challenges and letting go ~ and learning to love myself in a way i never knew i needed to. there have been many new people coming into my life as new kinds of family and community from all over the world, and i am so blessed with my own family and my good friends, too. i am grateful also for relationships coming into a new forms, like with jimmy, and the new collaborations with alicia and myokyo and the zen community.... and now this beautiful friend shammi with whom i was in india and greece and am in the berkana community, with whom i feel i share and receive so much love, a boundless, giving love.

i am so grateful for these people, and for this journey.

so i leave to quest, and bring with me prayers and love and gratitude. i feel that questing like this is to clear the way, in my mind and heart, and clear the way to a closer relationship with what is around me and in me ~ and to the divine. my intention is really just that - to clear these paths and be in closer communion, to tune in. i will let you know how i do, how it goes.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 a.m., July 06, 2007, Blogger Ariane said...

Dear Vanessa
May your quest bring you many insights and gifts! How exciting for you. I am about to embark on a vision quest myself on the 14th of July. I have been thinking much about it and looking forward to it. I used to go with my dad to the camp when I was much younger and I feel like with all that I've gone through this year with the School of Warriors and learning in Greece, I am more than ready to do a quest again.
I look forward to hearing about your discoveries.
peace and love,
Ariane

 
At 1:55 p.m., August 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanessa...
We didn't have time to get into the Vision Quest at Yasodhara so you'll have to tell me about it another time. Trusting the rest of your visit and the journey home was exactly as it was meant to be.
The wedding and Salt Spring were both so lovely and amazing...I received more assurances that I'm meant to be in India soon (and maybe Montreal at the end of September!) Hope to connect with you soon!
Love, Joni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home