Tuesday, December 06, 2005

sitting in the Possibles


So I’m going on a trip and I DON’T YET HAVE A TICKET, A DESTINATION, OR A DATE OF DEPARTURE!

The Trip, in fact, has already begun. So much has happened in these last few weeks since my retirement. Re-connections with friends and family, new ideas emerging, cleansing my room and my stuff, closure for certain ways of being and doing things such as working, living, being in a relationship, relating to others…

I'm sitting in this time of change, rather than trying to fight it or determine things. I'm letting things come to me, trying to feel them rather than think them. So what it means, I just realized, is my Trip has already started! This is it! Right here and right now! I just don't have a ticket yet for the part of it which is about flying elsewhere. And I have to say, I'm really liking this part~ this re-connecting and finding a new rhythm. It's just not what I had expected.

Doing research into Vipassana meditation, India, Ayurveda, Bhutan… has allowed me to connect with new people in person and via email and see the possibilities that are out there, the possible scenarios, relationships, futures. And now I am simply sitting in those Possibles. Getting comfortable in this uncertainty, in this process that is a transition from one part of my life to another. I’m no longer feeling the push to
“get out of here and get on my trip”.

I’m on it already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home